Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Working My Way Up With a Basil Plant


Listen, I'm not trying to jinx myself here, I'm just stating the facts.  Everyone in America made such a big deal about, oh, how are you going to survive the winter in Sweden?  Don't you know the latitude is dangerously close to Santa's Workshop?  And what about the polar bears just roaming the streets of Stockholm?  As legitimate as these concerns are, I must say that I've found Sweden to be rather a tropical paradise.  I have never seen so many fruit trees!  And I'm not talking about sad, sour, tiny apples.  I mean full-size apples, pears and plums.  Practically every home with a yard in our neighborhood has them.  Indeed, you're not cool if you don't have a fruit tree.  So if the threat of the glacial winter ahead is motivating Mother Nature thusly, I'll learn to tolerate the polar bears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment