Sunday, October 25, 2009

Swedes Love Piracy


I was craving some Muppets last week and all I could find streaming online was The Muppet Christmas Carol, which is fine because, despite its seasonal prematurity, it's totally my favorite.  And wouldn't you know it, the version I found on an American video search engine had Swedish subtitles.  This is actually not that surprising because Swedes are, like, global leaders in copyright infringement.  After all, it was Swedes who founded The Pirate Bay, the world's largest file sharing site.  Furthermore!  The third largest political party here is The Pirate Party, whose objective is to reform copyright and patent laws to decriminalize file sharing.  Bold.  Well, whatever, I'm just glad they're on the forefront of this issue because otherwise I may not be able to follow Dexter so effortlessly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment