Saturday, January 30, 2010

Indulgence

Since Thursday was Papa Swede's actual birthday, we headed over to The Swede's folk's place for dinner last night.  The evening began with a champagne toast and hors d'oeuvres and then moved on to gifts of luxury beers for the birthday boy and The King wine from Graceland Cellars for The Swede and family friend Gunilla for their namedays.
Next, we moved into the dining room and, as I have come to expect from Mama Swede, ate a dinner which was entirely new to me.  The cooking method was so cutting edge, in fact, that nobody could even name precicely what it was.  I'll try to explain:  it was an electrical apparatus which sat in the middle of the table with a griddle on top to heat meat and fish and a broiler underneath to warm individual pans of vegetables and cheese.  Everything was delicious and, as I have come to expect from myself, I ate much more than I should have, yet somehow made room for a thick slice of AIK birthday cake and a few glasses of wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment