Friday, January 8, 2010

Look Up for Your Life


I like to make this blog as informative as possible.  I will employ such skilled research methods as Googling, asking The Swede, and digging into the vast bank of knowledge and opinion between my own ears.  For this particular post I will utilize two out of three of these highly reliable approaches.  First, The Swede informed me when this sign turned up outside of our building that a few people die every year in Sweden from snow drifts and icicles falling off of roofs, so they like to give everyone a big "SE UPP!" with these signs.  Second, in my boundless wisdom I would like to submit that these signs don't exist in America.  They totally should, though, since Americans are significantly more apt to sue the property owner should a falling icicle harm their person without signage present.  With the absence of any sweet lawsuit payoff in mind, I like to be especially aware of what's going on above me when I see the ol' rasrisk placard.

No comments:

Post a Comment