Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What the Skype is All About

Oh, Skype, where would I be without you?  I daresay, perhaps not in Sweden.  When The Swede came to visit me in Nashville a couple of months after we met, he helped me download and set up this fabulous, free Swedish invention so that we could keep in touch across that great big waterpool called the Atlantic.  Then, when he swept me away to Scandanavia, he helped my mom set it up so that she and I could do the same.  I cannot tell you what a difference it makes to be able to see the face of someone you love on top of hearing their voice and even though it offers less spontaneity than phone calls I absolutely prefer it.  One of the highlights of my week is seeing Mom and Selah, who graciously allowed me to photograph her today, as though they were just on the other side of the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment