Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Look at Your Future Soft Drinks

You might think it's a slow week if I'm blogging about kitchen appliances.  Maybe so, but this is no ordinary appliance.  It's the future.  And at least I'm not writing about cheese again, right?  So.  First, it's important to note that what you see in counter space in this photo is what you get, so needless to say we have to be very judicious about our countertop appliances.  I think you'll agree that the area required for this SodaStream, a machine that carbonates boring old water so you can add dozens of flavors and make your own soda in reusable bottles is well worth it, both for the environment and one's pocketbook.  I'd never heard of this before I came here, where they are a pretty big deal, but I think it's only a matter of time before every American household has one too. 

4 comments:

  1. I hate to burst your bubble here Mara but they have been selling these in the USA for at least ten years. Sorry to say that the convienience of going to the store and just buying soda wins out over making it yourself. Cute post though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy, I never saw one! Do you know anyone who has one? I think it seems like the kind of thing you find in those in-flight catalogs that you HAVE TO HAVE but have never seen in a store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only question I have does it make Diet COKE? Uncle Larry has a monkey on his back that this little baby would come in quite handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, no. The diet cola syrup tastes really different from Diet Coke to me, so I'm afraid the monkey is here to stay.

    ReplyDelete