Friday, June 11, 2010

Who Can Resist a Viking?

Just about two years ago, shortly after I met The Swede, my grandparents told me about Peter Carlsson, a Swedish gentleman in the Cleveland Hiking Club with them.  I met Peter at Grandpa Bob's 80th birthday party that summer and he gave me some help in pronouncing The Swede's name.  (No, "The Swede" is not his real name.  Sorry to have misled you.)  I didn't meet Peter's American wife Meryl at the time, but the stars aligned today to get these two Swedish-American couples together all in one place for a cool bi-lingual meet and greet.  Later in the afternoon we spent a couple of hours of this hot, sunny day with my friend Katie, a former colleague from Swagelok, walking around Chagrin Falls. 

2 comments:

  1. First of all, your photo in the cherry blossoms is strikingly beautiful. Secondly, I thought that should point out a grammatical error in your post. "to have misled you" That is all. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, girl, you're smart! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete