Wednesday, September 15, 2010

All Aboard

I've been taking the commuter train to work for the past couple of days because my carpool buddy/supervisor/fiancĂ© has been at a swanky convention of pillars of the organization in the city.  I like riding the train and I still get that childish sense of satisfaction from navigating my own way on it, but I absolutely hate and fear the platform, the tracks and the trains themselves when I'm not inside one.  When I'm stepping onto one I can't help but envision my foot getting caught in the gap and as I'm standing and waiting on the platform I'm feeling just a bit nervous about how easily some psycho could push me onto the tracks.  The good news is, I'm sometimes irrational.  Still, it'll be nice when I can co-pilot the Audi again.

No comments:

Post a Comment