Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Guess That's Why They Call It Window Pain

Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love that I have a job now.  I love all of the things I feel like I don't have to worry about anymore.  Will I be able to get by with my limited Swedish in some workplace?  Will I have to resort to cleaning toilets to get my foot into the job market?  Will I get tired of America's Next Top Model reruns?  Having a job is both a huge relief and a major milestone in my life here and I can't tell you how thrilled I am about it.  But - and there is but one but - I don't seem to have the time to explore as much.  I used to be out and about often in the afternoons, on my own or with girlfriends, and I miss that a bit.  So sometimes I catch myself gazing out the window next to my desk like some sort of caged animal.  A caged animal with a salary, at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment