Monday, December 6, 2010

Care Central

I felt terrible this morning and decided to take the day off of work, hoping, of course, that the company could somehow manage go on without me.  And since it was my first sick day here, I thought it seemed like an appropriate day to introduce healthcare in Sweden.  This is our local vårdcentral, the medical building that those of us who live in Sundbyberg visit when we have any kind of non-emergency medical issue that happens to occur during regular business hours.  That covers a lot, I'd say, and in the few times that I've been they've been extremely efficient and helpful and best of all, practically free.  One thing that might bother some, though, is that you may never see the same provider twice.  You can't choose your doctor, nurse or midwife;  you get who you get.  I don't mind, though.  Just keep me alive and I'm satisfied.  So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment