Saturday, December 4, 2010

Taste Of Home

The Swede and I just got back from our usual grocery store where we discovered for the very first time a tiny, hidden shelf in the foreign food aisle with the most random selection of American foods I can imagine.  Nacho cheese sauce, root beer, maple syrup, Butterfingers and Hunt's spaghetti sauce, among other American treats.  I was able to resist everything except the Hunt's, which is, I daresay, America's chintziest spaghetti sauce, but which sounded totally amazing to me.  And I was right.  It was the most familiar, delicious thing I've eaten in ages.     

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see a photo of the american foreign food section! Please, oh please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to remember next time we're there. I think you'd get a kick out of what they consider "American".

    ReplyDelete