Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Awkward Single Girl Behavior

Yesterday I went home from work after lunch to clean then had to vacate the apartment for part of the afternoon and early evening for another showing.  The Swede stayed at work so I amused myself by walking around Kista Galleria, which quickly became exhausting.  So for only the second time in my life I went to see a movie in the theater all by my lonesome.  I bought a ticket to The King's Speech and a small popcorn and settled in among the dozen or so retirees who were also interested in seeing a feel-good period piece at 4:30 in the afternoon.  It was significantly less awkward than my previous lonely-movie viewing experience with Factory Girl, a film riddled with nude scenes, and I didn't have to share the popcorn so, while I felt bad indulging in a movie while The Swede was still at the office, I count it as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment