Monday, March 14, 2011

Swiss Bliss

I guess I should have mentioned that I was going to be away for a few days, but I always imagine that I may have internet access and the energy to blog at the end of a long day of international superstardom.  Alas, I had neither on this past weekend's trip to Switzerland.  Our company has a factory in Lachen, which The Swede and the rest of our colleagues visited on Friday after flying to Zurich and spending the evening at the swankest hotel of my life on Thursday night.  Two bathrooms, you guys.  More square footage than our apartment.  We were only in Lachen one night, though, and took a bus up through the Alps to Engelberg on Friday afternoon.
That evening we had a long, lively dinner at a sweet little Swiss lodge whose specialty was a cheese fondue so stinky that its partakers were relegated to an entirely different floor than the rest of the restaurant.  The meat fondue, however, was a big hit at our table.  As was the ever-flowing wine.
Even after that late night, most of our group was up with the sun to strap on their skis and tackle Mount Titlis.  The five of us who didn't ski spent the morning at a reasonable elevation, enjoying the warm spring sun in the valley below. 
Later, though, we took the Rotair rotating lift all the way up over 10,000 feet to the peak of Titlis and had lunch at the highest restaurant in Europe.  I thought Flat Destini might like it up there too, and she surely didn't have as much trouble breathing the thin air as I did.  'Cause, you know, she has thin lungs.  Heh.
We flew home yesterday evening, but not before visiting the cheese factory at the monestary in Engelberg where we endured even more stinky fondue.  Made me appreciate bland ol' hushÃ¥lsost, that's for sure.
It was awesome to get to travel somewhere I've never been before and spend time getting to know my colleagues better.  Our flight arrived back in Stockholm after 10:00 last night so we were all incredibly tired at work today, but it was absolutely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that trip looks like so much fun! Not to mention, your pictures are beautiful1 That's awesome you had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete