Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Take A Number

I witnessed something EXTRA Swedish this evening, folks.  I went into the city to get photos taken for my new passport ('cause, you know, I have a new name) and there was public transport chaos in progress.  Apparently there was some problem with the electricity on the subway signals so a large portion of two different subway lines on the north side of the city were closed down, leaving a huge overflow of commuters to the busses.  As I approached Central Station to catch the train home I noted that even amidst the pandemonium the Swedes were being their typical, unobjectionable selves and actually queuing at a bus stop.  Heaven forbid someone should board the bus ahead of someone else who had been there longer.  If that electrical thing doesn't get resolved pronto I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see numbered ticket systems installed in the bus stops just to keep things as fair and orderly as we've all come to expect.

1 comment:

  1. I am so envious. So wish that Indonesia was like this...the line cutting in so many realms---both formal and informal grates on my nerves!

    ReplyDelete