Saturday, April 23, 2011

Waffle Love

We spent a lovely day outside planting flowerbeds in our new yard, grilling burgers and spending time with family and friends in the 60-something degree sunshine and I was a terrible blogger and didn't take even one picture.  What I did manage to remember to photograph, however, was yesterday's leisurely breakfast.  The Swede had gone over to a friend's house early to help build a garden shed and I couldn't make myself begin unpacking and organizing our many boxes of clothes so I spent the morning breaking in some new appliances instead.  We had received a Jamie Oliver food processor from the Segerstens as a wedding gift and a waffle iron from family friends Gurra and Gunilla as a housewarming gift so I used the processor to grind some coffee beans and made my first ever waffles with the iron.  The waffles weren't as pretty as they could have been, but they'll get better with practice.  So I guess it's going to be waffles for breakfast till I get my skills up to par.  Bummer, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment