Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week Thirty-Three

It's another breezy Thursday, but hey, it's about the bump not the hair, right?  And what a bump it is.  I'm totally loving it, despite the discomfort it nearly constantly causes.  In fact, if not for the few occasions when I've seen a cute dress at the mall and missed my waist, my big belly has made me more satisfied with my figure than ever before.  Not everyone is so thrilled with it, though.  Over the weekend in Söderköping, little Julia kept asking me to pull up my shirt and show her the baby.  She was poking at my flattened belly button (which I think hasn't popped because the baby's back is facing my back so there's not too much pressure on it) so I asked her to show me her belly button.  She indulged me, but then followed up with a little unnecessary commentary.  "Min navel är fin men din är ful," she said.  Apparently Julia's belly button is pretty but mine is ugly.  Kids say the darndest, most erroneous things.

2 comments:

  1. You are one HOTT mama (ugly belly button or not)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sight like that inspires effleurage...Pops

    ReplyDelete