Friday, June 24, 2011

Provisions

It's Midsommarafton!  While we're partying it up at Mama and Papa Swede's with friends, family and guests from London, I've worked some sweet 21st century technical wizardry so that this pre-written post is published at a time when I am nowhere near a computer.  Magical, right?
A few weeks back Mama Swede mentioned that she would be kicking off the Midsommar celebration with a champagne breakfast.  I became immediately beside myself with excitement as I LOVE champagne and breakfast isn't bad either so this was great news.  Except that 2.2 seconds later I remembered that I am not on the guest list for the champagne half of the champagne breakfast.  I don't mind not drinking alcohol in the least, but on an occassion like Midsommar it feels like part of the ambiance.  With that in mind, I've set myself up with a bottle of alcohol-free champagne and a pitcher of alcohol-free sangria, which I fully expect will make everybody jealous of ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment