Friday, July 1, 2011

Lesson Learned

At about 5:30 this morning, when the cats woke me up with their usual early-morning antics, I decided that I would take the train a couple of stops to Jakobsberg today and get a pedicure to celebrate my first day of maternity leave.  I have managed to painstakingly keep my toes painted on my own somehow because, as my nailtechnician aunt once said, to have unpainted toenails is to surrender your womanhood.  I've never had a real pedicure before, though, and I feel like if I'm ever going to now would definitely be the time because I am certainly incapable of doing it myself at this point.  So that was the plan, anyway, but once I got to the nail salon in Jakobsberg I was told that they don't do feet.  That was a shame because I had realized several minutes before, while stepping off the train, that any type of outing at this point is a terrible idea.  I was already exhausted and I had just gotten there, but it felt crazy to turn back after having made the trip so I forced myself to walk around the mall for forty minutes.  I was then forced to follow this stroll with a forty-one minute energy-gathering session at a coffeeshop before getting back on the train for the barely ten minute trip home.  I did get something out of my outing, though.  I bought several novels so that I never have to leave my house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment