Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Old Men For Sale

Swedes in general aren't a very prideful bunch, but they know when they've got something good going on.  That's why you'd never buy nor be served a strawberry that came from any other country.  Swedish strawberries really are the best and they're ridiculously easy to come by this time of year, with roadside stands selling pints for about the equivalent of $4.  I don't know what a pint of strawberries is currently going for in the States, but I do remember that whatever I've ever paid there always felt like too much once I got them home and found that half of them were bruised or moldy or just totally rotten.  I have never found a single bad Swedish strawberry in the many pints that I've purchased so far this summer, and therein lies the value.  Also, the Swedish word for strawberry is jordgubbe, which means little old earth man and that's super cute, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment