Monday, September 26, 2011

The Rest Of The Trip

The Swede's Leadership-and Compliance-Lovers Conference began last Sunday, so I spent last week running around visiting with family and friends in between hanging with my mom and Jamie.  Since I hadn't gotten a chance to chat with Austin at his concert we met at Grandma Joyce and Grandpa Bob's to catch up.
I had lunch with my old work family, Julie and Kelly, and then brought the baby over to Swagelok to introduce him to the whole gang.  It felt great to see everyone again and it was particularly special to share him with a bunch of folks who have known me since things were, well, not bad but definitely not this good.
We didn't get to see much of The Swede during that week, but the time we did spend together was extra cozy and much appreciated.
Jamie met my friend Katie's sweet baby Ashley and they commanded their little baby space ships while Katie and I talked teething and the like. 
One of the best moments of the trip was the family party that Mom and Ray hosted.  I got to see my Uncles Larry, Jim and Scott, my Aunt Mary, Cousins Marissa, Grace and Keith, and got to meet Keith's step-daughter Laylah and new baby Linkoln, plus Scott's chihuahua puppy Rudy.  Grandma and Grandpa were also there, of course.  A few people were missing, including The Swede, who had to spend the evening at a work event, but it was wonderful to see the folks who were able to be there.

On our last full day in Ohio, Mom and I drove a couple of hours to see Kristen, my best friend from college.  I got to meet her husband and baby Tyler and see her parents, aunt and uncle, and grandma, who I hadn't seen in years.  I didn't know until this visit when I would ever have the opportunity to see Kristen and her family since she lives in Virginia.  They made the drive from Virginia to see us, so even though it was only a couple of hours it was extra special.
I always feel like I don't get enough time to be with the people I want to see when we're in the States and this time there were a few people who I wasn't able to meet with at all, unfortunately.  Mostly, though, I wanted to spend as much time with Jamie and my mom as possible and while it will never feel like enough, I'm glad we got the time we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment