Friday, September 2, 2011

Win, Win

For anyone out there who's pregnant or thinking about being pregnant one day let me just fill you in on a little secret: don't even bother getting excited about eating whatever you want again after you give birth because there is a whole batch of new dietary restrictions if you're breastfeeding.  I plan on that being the first and last time I use the word "breast" in this blog, by the way, Grandma and Grandpa.  Okay, so it's not like when you're pregnant and eating the wrong thing could potentially damage your baby, but rather eating the wrong thing when you're breastfeeding (oops, I lied) will just make your life a living hell.  Which is why I'm avoiding coffee, chocolate, shellfish, onions and soda - yes, basically all things delicious - in order to spare little Jamie's tummy and, consequently, my sanity.  The thing is, though, that I really like soda, so in order to cheat my way into a refreshing beverage I'm opening everything carbonated so that it loses that sparkle that Jamie hates so much.  Innovative, right?  I feel more Swedish already.    

1 comment: