Monday, November 7, 2011

On Predictability

The Swede was home sick from work today so Jamie and I decided to give him some peace and quiet with which to get better and headed off to the mall.  Jamie fell asleep in his stroller just as my tummy started growling.  With at least fifteen free minutes and a plethora of choices, I embarked on a luxurious lunch at the food court.  I could have whatever I wanted!  They have EVERYTHING at the Kista Galleria food court.  I wasted five of my minutes just walking around trying to decide, intoxicated by the options available.  And then I made the most boring choice imaginable: a salad at the Texas Long Horn.  But get this!  They had grape soda!  GRAPE SODA, y'all!!!  Since it's not on my list of things I absolutely must eat and drink while visiting the States, I was in danger of going the rest of my life never having tasted grape soda again.  And no, of course it wasn't that good because grape soda just isn't that good, but it was an amazing experience on principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment