Friday, March 9, 2012

The Kibosh

Tonight all the young'uns in the family (thirty-somethings, that is) are out on the town, at Globen, glitzing it up schlager style.  All of them except for me.  Womp, womp.  I had a ticket, the plan was that I would also go out and Jamie would stay with his grandparents, but the child would have none of it.  This has been one of the trickiest weeks we've had with him as he's teething and came down with a cold, and he's been really sensitive at nighttime, having trouble falling asleep and waking up, inconsolable, often during the night.  I didn't doubt that Mama and Papa Swede could handle it, but I had a feeling that I ought to stay home with Jamie instead.  And I'm really glad I did because today has been by far the hardest day in a week of hard days.  All the tricks I've acquired over the past seven months ceased to work and I'm feeling very fortunate that I was able to get him to sleep at all tonight.  Anyway, all this is to say that those babies, they don't give a crapola about your plans.  Plus tonight was just the rehearsal and we'll ALL get to see the real deal on TV tomorrow night!   

No comments:

Post a Comment