Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On Patrol

The Swede was home sick from work today, which is sad, of course, but also meant that the car was available to me for the first time since I got my license last week.  I don't think I need to tell you where Jamie and I went.  Do I?  Okay, it was Ikea.  We cruised the aisles and had a coffee and banana break, trying to take our time so that papa could have some peace and quiet, but we also had real business there: babyproofing.  Jamie is dragging himself all over the house and is just a skoch away from crawling on all fours and, while the rest of our house is quite safe for him and outlet covers are in place, the kitchen needs some work.  So I'm going to outfit all the drawers and cabinets with latches and install window guards while I'm at it.  The previous owners left their gates for the stairs so with a few adjustments we should be ready for Jamie to raise hell all over this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment