Saturday, April 14, 2012

Old Friends And Fights

Big night in the life of several thousand? a couple million? dudes in Sweden, at least four of whom I know personally.  The Ultimate Fighting Championship  is in Scandinavia for the first time ever and The Swede and a few of his buddies have tickets.  "Aha", you're probably thinking, "so The Swede is one of those guys."  Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but he does have a fair amount of testosterone as you've surely guessed based on those broad shoulders and towering height and anyone with that much manliness just gotsta see some dudes slugging one another from time to time, right?  I don't know, really, my sensibilities are much too delicate to understand such things.  But anyway, since there's never been any fighting like this on Swedish soil it was an absolute must that The Swede and his buddies be there.  Thomas and Petra invited the gang over to get everybody pumped up beforehand, which was, of course, fun for the guys, but also great for me because I hadn't seen Petra in AGES.  Dylan is totally a real boy now and Petra is pregnant with their second son, so obviously a lot has been going on in their lives.  It was so great to catch up and hopefully we'll see more of each other in the future.  And now The Swede is sipping VIP champagne at Globen and texting me all the glamorous details and, while I'm jealous of the champagne part, I don't really mind being at home and cuddling our little macho man while the fists are flying in the ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment