Monday, August 6, 2012

They Ran Away To Nash Vegas

Andy and Selah got married at the Episcopal cathedral in downtown Nashville on Saturday morning.  The Swede and I arrived a bit early so that we could leave Jamie with our friends Heather and Paul and their sweet daughter Charlotte, who he had a blast with at the public library during the ceremony.  I saw  Selah at the back of the church beforehand and I swear to you, I have never seen anyone look so gorgeous or elegant.  You know how they say that when you're a bride you should look like yourself only better?  Well, Selah succeeded.  She's stunning anyway, but I've never seen her look so radiant.  Her loveliness brought me to tears and from then on I was pretty much a mess till the ceremony was over.  Obviously I would have been useless with a camera, so I do apologize that I don't have any pictures from the church.  At any rate, it was a beautiful service that was perfect suited to them as a couple.
The reception was held in a private room at a really cool restaurant, which was filled with awesome, hand-made details.  From the place cards to the flowers to the cakes, everything was simple yet romantic and spoke to how much thought and work they had both put into their day.
On a side note, at the rehearsal dinner, Andy mentioned in his speech that they had thought about eloping but were so glad they didn't.  Later, The Swede taught me that "elope comes from the word envelope, which means to send yourself somewhere else to get married."  And that's why I married him.  Also, he's really attractive.   
 

And now, introducing the new Mr. and Mrs. Lodge!
The pictures were just taking themselves, guys.  I took about a hundred of them like this and every single one looks like a pair of models in a bridal magazine.
Obviously I wasn't the only one having a grand time.  They made each other laugh all afternoon.  And you guys?  I don't know if I've ever even heard of a couple who so intentionally got to know one another and try to understand one another.  I have no doubt whatsoever that they're going to be growing together and making each other happy for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment