Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vintage Damara

My grandma was cleaning out her basement and came across my photo albums, which I had left there four years ago when I moved to Nashville.  Grandma gave them to my mom, who took out the photos she thought I'd like to keep and brought them when we met last week.  There were a lot from my cheerleading days, plenty of super old school ones of me and my siblings, and LOADS of awkwardness.  If you think I'm uncool now, well, first, you'd be dead wrong and second, you should have seen me during high school.  Yikes.  Anyway, this picture of my big brother and me is a family favorite.  Probably because I'm not biting him.  It's usually pretty hard for me to see any of myself or The Swede in Jamie (he really doesn't look a heck of a lot like either of us, does he?) but last week, when I saw this again for the first time in years, I had to admit that there's a heaping spoonful of my genetics in that little rascal after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment