Monday, September 24, 2012

Cheap Thrills

It's been literally years since I was able to go wherever I wanted whenever I wanted without having to ask for a ride or arrange childcare. The Swede and I work at the same office but since we have staggered schedules so that Jamie doesn't have to be at preschool for ten hours a day we have to have two cars. That means I get to go wherever I want on my lunch break, which feels crazy. I mean, I don't even have to tell anyone. It's feels just like when I got my first apartment and went away for the weekend or stayed out all night or booked a flight without telling my mom because, you know, I was an adult. And it makes me excited that the thrills aren't over. There is going to be some other, unexpected but possibly familiar sensation too quicken my pulse and clearly it could come at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment