Sunday, October 7, 2012

Green Luxury

Pardon my disappearance over the weekend; I was out in the country at a wellness retreat that Sarianne won through a contest and which was advertised to us as a luxurious spa weekend. Luxurious it was not. There was nothing spa-like about it. It did happen over the weekend, however. I'll give it that.
The retreat took place at a beautiful, hmm... what shall we call it? Compound, perhaps? At any rate, it was an ecological farm-slash-hotel-slash-restaurant-slash-hippie hangout run by anthrosophists. I can get behind that, sure.
I can also get behind some beginners' yoga, a energizing morning workout, a couple of free nights in a hotel, and goodie bag full of Wedela products. What I CANNOT get behind is smoothies made of, literally, weeds from the compound garden...

...flavorless baked goods, and clear vegetable soup for dinner. I'm pretty excited to weigh myself tomorrow morning, though, since I'm positive I lost several pounds thanks the local eco diet we were forced into.
Food aside, it was actually a lot of fun. I laughed like crazy, as I usually do when in Sarianne's company, and got to sleep in two days in a row and take as long a shower as I wanted. So I guess, actually, it was kind of luxurious after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment