Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On Misery

I have two confessions, both of which make me the worst theatre major ever. First, I don't know Les Miserables. Never seen a production, never listened to the score, don't even know the plot. Second, I walked out of the movie. The Swede and I went to see it on our date on Saturday, got to "Master of the House" an hour in, and I had to lean over and express my dissatisfaction. The Swede took a little convincing, not because he was enjoying himself but because it was such a scandalous move, but ultimately all the singing pushed him over the edge too. I guess it I had been a decent theatre major I would have known it was an opera and would have expected them to be singing every. last. word. but I was not and it was just too much. Sure the production was magnificent and the acting phenomenal but I can't watch greasy hair for over two and a half hours when I'm on my first date in over a month, I just can't.

2 comments:

  1. I am as offended as you feared I might be! You should have held out! It is so moving in the end!!!
    Ok - I'll forgive you this time...atleast you were honest! On a positive note - it looks like you found the right husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Leslie! I promise to rent it when it comes out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete