Sunday, March 17, 2013

Making Up

Yesterday I was pretty sick with what turned out to be, thank goodness, a twenty-four hour bug. During those hours I only left the couch to go to bed, which made for a pretty boring day for the whole family. I am, of course, where the party's at so when I'm outta commiss the whole place shuts down. I was miraculously totally healthy this morning, so The Swede and I decided to make up for yesterday's lousy parenting with a packed agenda for ol' junior. First, we lovingly tolerated a five o'clock wake up call. Then, when it had opened, we went to Ikea and let Jambo lead the way through the kids' department. We were home in time for his nap, during which I was able to do the week's grocery shopping, getting that out of the way so that when he woke up we could go check out the horses at the local riding school. He was beside himself. It was so nice out that we ended up taking a walk in the woods afterwards, then played outside for a bit when we got home. We ended the day with a Skype with Aunt Selah and a drama-free bedtime. We don't usually pack that much action into an entire weekend so I'm calling this one Mission Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment