Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mexi-Can't

We made a discovery on Sunday afternoon. Behind Ikea is a poorly marked, nigh imperceptible Mexican restaurant. We did a loop around the block to pass it again and make sure our eyes weren't deceiving us. I hadn't eaten in forty-eight hours, what with the weekend's illness and all, and couldn't think of a better way to break my fast. So that was Sunday and this is Tuesday and I'm only NOW telling you about this?!?! Well... see... it wasn't that good. I mean, it was by no means bad but it was definitely a letdown. I guess I should have expected that seeing as the menu mentioned that the food was tailored to the Swedish sensibilities, but please, even Swedes love cheese. They can handle a little spice. Um, and where's the rice? And I don't see no beans! Maybe in another four years someone else will come along and get it right. In the meantime I guess I just have to remain satisfied with my annual Stateside feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment