Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Business Cas Fashion Show

My dorkiness knows no bounds, I know. I've been toying with the idea of doing a outfit of the day (OOTD [this acronym is the extent of my fashion knowledge]) post or even series of posts for a while now and I'm still not sure it's a good idea. In fact, the more I write, the more certain I am of my own loserliness for even attempting such a thing. I am, that is, not fashionable. But sometimes I feel like I've put kind of a cute outfit together and since it happens more frequently when the weather is nice and I get to bust out a little leg... well, if there was ever a time, this is it. So here you have it, a couple of OOTDs, photographed ever-so-tastefully, selfie-style, in my office's gym. It is the only time I set foot in there. I assume my colleagues think I'm making an important private call since obviously I'm not going to work out in my cute outfits.
I got this dress during an online, pre-spring dress-shopping spree and love it despite the fact that it makes me look like a flight attendant. I like to tell myself that military-inspired is where it's at right now, though I'm really not sure that's the case and would even suggest that it certainly shouldn't be the case for people over thirty. Like, ahem, me.
This outfit was a purchase from last spring when I was on parental leave. Not really sure where I thought I was going. Oh, and look at my Swedish Hasbeen for H&M wooden shoes! I loooove them even though they make my feet weigh a hundred pounds each. Wait! Does walking in them count as a workout?!?!
Another aquisition during my recent online shopping spree, I thought this skirt would go with everything. It actually only goes with this white t-shirt and even that is debatable. I still love it 'cause it makes me feel like a lady.
This dress was a contender for Selah's wedding last summer. It's probably too dressy for my office. My colleagues are just going to have to learn to live with my whimsy, that's all there is to it.
And this old favorite, with my new favorite shoes. Linda said it looks like pajamas. How rude! Or wait, maybe just she said it looks as comfortable as pajamas, which is totally true and really the only reason I like it. Astute, Linda. Astute.  

So there you have it. What do you say, should we try this again another time? If you're not too  embarrassed for me, that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment