Monday, May 27, 2013

The First Annual Kolmården Weekend

Erin and I have been talking about getting our families together for a weekend away for a long, long time now, so when a free weekend presented itself (and happened to fall the day after her birthday) we jumped at the opportunity to book something. Since I had had such a great time at Kolmården's hotel during that mamma blogger event a few months ago and The Swede and I knew we loved the zoo, we agreed that it was the perfect place to stage our first family weekend together. And our instincts were right as it was AWESOME.
 As with the last time I was there, the petting zoo was the best part. Except for maybe the dolphin show, which was world class.
Or maybe it was the way those little boys ran around together, copying everything the other did.


No, wait, it had to be the gondola that took us on a half-hour trip over bears, lions, zebras, giraffs, and tons of other spectacular animals!
Okay, I've got it: the best part was getting to spend time with so many of my favorites, the opportunity for us to get to know Svante better, and for Erin and The Swede to learn why I love each of them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment