Friday, July 5, 2013

The Fourth Of July

Choo choo with Grandpa Ray.
We haven't been doing much during our time here in Cleveland besides hanging around at Mom and Ray's, which is exactly what I had hoped for but which does not lend itself to very exciting blogging. Yesterday, though, we went to the annual Fourth of July picnic that my grandparents host following the hike my grandpa leads in the morning. The Swede went on the hike (I learned my lesson years ago and stayed on civilized ground) while the rest of us set up the picnic/chased Jamie around the park.
Grandma Joyce is a classy lady.
Sure love my mom.
Jamie saw about a dozen trains go by while we were there and kept yelling, in Swedish, "big car!" 
It rained for a few minutes, but otherwise it was really nice. We got to see some of my grandparents' friends who we hadn't seen in years and spend a little bit of time with my Aunt Mary and Uncle Larry who were also on the hike. All in all, a very fun Fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment