Monday, August 12, 2013

The Business Cas Fashion Show

I was so excited to start dressing up for work again that I got a whole fashion show worth of outfits in a little over a week. Now, without further ado, let me just talk a little about my clothes.
I got this dress at the Gap while I was in Cleveland. It was sixty bucks originally and I got it for twelve! It's flowy and wonderful and the colors make me happy. I'm glad I decided to wear it on Monday, sqeezing out my last wear of the year, because by Friday it was too cold and too late.
This outfit made me feel uncharacteristically professional, maybe because it's not often that I wear pants that aren't jeans. Also, my husband told me, like, three times that I looked beautiful that day so this one's a keeper.
This outfit, however, was deemed to be weird by the hubby, but he's Swedish so what does he know about fashion? Yeeeeeah, it's probably weird. But dear, sweet denim button-down, if I'd have known how much I was going to love you I would have bought you years ago! Thank you for making this dress work appropriate.
I thought I was too old for grey jeans until I saw another thirty-year-old, only-slightly-more-stylish blogger modelling them. I ran out and got my own and paired them here with this polka dot H&M tee, which I typically treat as a neutral and wear with outlandishly mismatched bottoms. I took it easy on this day and just wore outlandishly mismatched leopard pumps. Did you know leopard is also a neutral? 
  
Look! It's that same top only ACTUALLY neutral! What a perfect opportunity to bust out my fuschia wedges!

1 comment:

  1. Love this part of your blog! Love the bright colored dress on you and the grey jeans look great! Nice put together.

    ReplyDelete