Monday, December 2, 2013

Friendsgiving 2013

Yesterday we hosted the Johansson family for Thanksgiving dinner and it. was. awesome. It was dark and windy outside and warm, cozy, and full of lit candles and laughter inside.
I had prepared a toilet paper roll turkey craft for the boys to do while Erin and I fixed the grub, but the only boy interested was Svante.
We had Grandma Joyce's never-fail sweet potatoes, which were a favorite as usual, along with two small turkey breasts, gravy, cranberry sauce, walnut bread, and this green bean casserole recipe that I cannot recommend enough. Erin made Yorkshire puddings and it was our first time tasting them and we were very impressed. I think Jamie ate about five. We finished things off with this pumpkin cheesecake, another recipe I'd recommend. And I don't ever brag about my cooking because there is nothing to brag about, but I have to say that I didn't mess anything up to majorly and it was all really good. Svante said it may have been the best meal he's ever eaten. I always liked that Svante.
Best of all, though, was the company. We were sad to see them go at the end of the evening and are already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment