Monday, December 9, 2013

High Wire

The Christmas cards started rolling in last week (including a big stack of our own, which I was pleased to slip into the outgoing mail today) and with them a need to display their beauty. In years past I've just taped them up on the wall and then watched, frustrated, as they all fell, one after the other, on a daily basis. So this year I chose a more resilient method and wove some cute candy-cane-striped package string through the newel posts (thank you Young House Love for teaching me that term) and clipped even cuter miniature clothespins on to attach the cards with. Add a few ornaments as placeholders and voila! And look! I just now noticed that the string matches our Christmas card! That might just be the cutest part of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment