Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One Step Back

Jamie has a case of croup, which became pretty terrifyingly evident in the middle of the night. Terrifying, that is, if you don't know what croup is and think it sounds like your child is drowning in phlegm. I called the nurse hotline at three-thirty a.m. and they calmed me down, but I booked an appointment at the doctor first thing in the morning just to confirm that the nurses were right and it was, in fact, croup that was making Jambo bark like a seal all night long. Thing is, though, the doctors' office is, like, the only place worse than preschool when it comes to collecting germs. I mean, have you ever seen a nastier-looking tower of blocks? And you KNOW that it was sick kids playing with them. This kid got a scrub-down with hand sanitizer when we got home and I felt a little better. Until, that is, he peeled off his socks and did this:

No comments:

Post a Comment