Thursday, March 6, 2014

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?

There was a time between being a kid and having a kid that I felt sorry for parents for all of the lame family movies and animated films they had to sit through. Not The Muppets, naturally, as everyone knows they're awesome and there haven't been any good ones to speak of since I was a kid anyway, but everything else. Then we watched Cars and it's awesome, Toy Story 3 and I cried my eyes out, and now Frozen, which I'm not even ashamed to admit I enjoy significantly more that my kid and I'm wondering what I've been missing out on in the past twenty years. Jamie is now rolling his eyes at my near-daily suggestion that we watch it. I also like to fill in the days that we don't watch it by listening to the soundtrack and belting some of the best Disney songs since Jasmine and Aladdin rocked my world back in fifth grade. Jamie knows more Frozen lyrics than actual conversational language, which I guess is payback for my being able to quote Curious George word for word. This one is our favorites to sing along to, though Jamie's version sounds more like "smuganuschmuguna snowman?" Anyway, if you haven't seen Frozen, see it, and please take note that these people are obviously Swedes, which just makes it that much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment