Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Right Stuff

When my friend Shaena called me up last week with an extra ticket to a New Kids On The Block concert, I knew I had to be her plus one. I can't say that seeing them in concert has been a dream of mine, but it once was. In fact, in 1990 there was nothing I wanted more than to breathe the same air as Joey McIntyre. On Tuesday when we headed to the concert I wasn't at all sure how it was going to be, seeing as it was a fairly small venue and the set was decidedly cheap, the entire audience was thirty-something moms and I couldn't remember any songs. Despite all of that, however, it was SO MUCH FUN. Sure, these guys are all in their forties now, but they looked goooooooood and had the energy and moves of men half their age. They had taken care of themselves since 1990, in other words, and by the end of the night I was hoarse from screaming like a tween. I don't think second-grade-Mara could have enjoyed herself any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment