Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Snap, Crackle, Pop

I remember the very first time I ever ate Rice Krispies. One day my mom came home with a grocery bag and announced that she bought a cereal that talks. My siblings and I were incredulous, naturally, but were proven wrong when my mom poured us each our own bowl and we all listened, astonished, as the cereal said to us, "SNAP! CRACKLE! POP!" Today, more than twenty-five years later, I got to have that experience from the other side and I was equally overcome. Parenthood is the most challenging thing I've done (learning Swedish is a surprisingly comparable, very close second) but the moment Jamie tipped his ear toward that cereal bowl alone makes it all worthwhile. Thanks for making a big deal out of little things like this, Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment