Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Business Cas Fashion Show

The dress is yesterday's news, sure, but you've never seen the scarf before! Know why? My darling Erin kindly gave it to me after I complimented her on it a few weeks ago. I'm not as awesome as Erin or any of the Swedes at tying scarves, but I was pleased with my skills that day and got a couple of compliments from the girls at the office so mission accomplished.
This is apparently the BCFS where everything is a hand-me-down from Erin. She gave me those boots a couple of years ago and ever since then I've gotten excited about them whenever I've taken my cold-weather shoes out of storage. Have we talked about this sweater yet? Linda bought one last winter and I loved how it looked on her so much that I ordered it for myself in two colors, grey and black. At twelve bucks a pop I couldn't afford not to. Turns out the black one was a mistake, however, as it always loses out to another favorite when I'm reaching for a black sweater. Poor little guy. Maybe I'll try to find a way to work him in to the rotation sometime soon. Also, Linda wore hers on this day and I begged her to come into the gym with me to take this picture and she refused. Pssht. 
This outfit is the result of a rare successful plundring of the Gina Tricot sale rack during an otherwise unevenful lunch break. The shirt fits exactly as I think a button-down should and has light torquoise stripes that probably aren't appropriate for the season (and likely indicate why it was on sale) but are very pretty. I also got a cheap statement necklace with plastic jewels in the same colors as the blouse and my favorite wedges. Poof! Fifteen dollar ensemble! 
Note to self: if the whole point of the picture is to show off the to-die-for oxfords, make sure they're well-lit and in-focus. Since I discovered how squat flat shoes make me look compared to heels, I seldom wear them to work. It takes a really great shoe to make me compromise my principles and this, my friends, is a really, really great shoe. I promise to do them justice with a better picture in the future. 
I wore this today and good golly, I'm glad to be out of it and in my cozies. I fought that dang skirt all day because, while passable standing, I was flashing a whole lotta pantyhosed leg under my desk.

Thank you for your time. I'll see you here in the gym again when all the FW2014 goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment