Thursday, October 23, 2014

Poop/Technology

I don't know if it's because our library is brand new or because I haven't checked out a book in a long, long time, but library technology has sure come a long way from what I grew up with. Yesterday after I picked Jambo up from school we went to check out a book about poop. He's in a poop phase, in case I haven't mentioned it before. It's been going on rather long for my taste and I'd be concerned except that when we hung out with Sukai last weekend and asked her what her baby doll's name was she answered, matter-of-factly, "Poop." Sukai is generally pretty classy so if it that kind of thing is okay in her book than I suppose it's normal. Anyway, we went on a hunt for this apparently amazing poop book that Jamie's teacher reads him at school. We didn't find it, but the librarian spotted another book with some feces content for my darling son. And then, get this: I set the books down on a desk to log in on a touch-screen using my personal ID number. I thought it was strange that there was no barcode scanner at the desk, but then, as soon as I had logged in, the titles of the five books I had laid on the desk appeared on the screen in front of me. Somehow the desk itself had scanned the books. Amazing. I daresay it has never been so easy to borrow a book about poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment