Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Porcelain Royalty

I got some great presents this Christmas and while I don't usually like to brag about my acquisitions, I find I need to mention these beauties in particular. They were a re-gift, actually, on a joke present that Papa Swede's brother had sent to him and Mama Swede a few weeks ago and that I insisted they give to me when they started talking about relegating them to the summer cabin where they loveliness would only be witnessed on occasion. No, I couldn't let that happen, so I asked for them for Christmas then promptly forgot about it, which allowed me to have a moment of great excitement when I opened that particular package on Christmas Eve. The actual value of these limited-edition plates to commemorate our king and queen's marriage in 1976 are of little interest to me; their contribution to my kitchen environment, however, is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment