Saturday, December 27, 2014

Söderköping Christmas 2014


We got home yesterday after a few days at Sarianne's celebrating Christmas and all of its traditions. Our annual walk around old Söderköping was made more exciting this year by a gang of hungry ducks who kind of loved us and our sacks of bread.
We drank glögg during Kalle Anka and tried to take an attractive family portrait in front of the tree. And per tradition, it wasn't the best. 
The annual cousin picture, however, went well and Sarianne and I got several successful shots. This one is the most fun, I think.
Santa came after the smorgåsbord, followed by a marathon package-opening sesh, followed by Jambo forsaking most of his new toys for a shipping box. So thanks, Grandma Jan, for the awesome box! 
I have to say it may have been the most fun Christmas I've had here so far. That's out of SIX, people! Six Swedish Christmases, how can it be? Lots of love and thanks to the Segerstens for hosting and making us so comfortable, and to my in-laws for the amazing food and everyone for being so generous. And, of course, a merry belated Christmas to my family overseas. Six holidays later and I'm still missing you like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment