Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Business Cas Fashion Show

Ohmygosh, you guys, I found the best blouse. It's this long, silky, slouchy button-down that was so cheap I got another one in light pink a few weeks later. It is absolutely the only top I wear to the office that's comfortable enough for the weekend. And my weekend style is very relaxed so I require extreme comfort. 
Since I'm liking the slouchy button-down these days, and because I've been obsessed with florals on a black background since Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere wallpapered her powder room in this gorgeous print (I have to be satisfied with using it as the wallpaper on my phone) I had to snatch up this blouse from H&M when all I was supposed to be doing was snatching up socks for Jambo. Whatever, I have no regrets. It's one of my favorites. 
So I've had these grey jeans for a long, long time and wasn't wearing them much because they felt just a little bit too long and I didn't have the energy or equipment to hem them properly. Then, a few weeks ago, I started noticing that jeans with raw hems seem to be making a comeback. So I chopped these to ankle length, frayed them a bit with some tweezers and voila, new pants! 
Now that the weather is warming up, it's exposed ankles as often as possible up in this gym. One step closer to skirts and dresses! At any rate, I'm very pleased to be wearing short pants and sleeves and pretending it's business casual as long as I have heels on. (Incidentally, if you've been around for awhile, maybe you've also noticed that these twelve-dollar leopard pumps I've worn almost every day for nearly two years are pretty much the best footwear investment ever.) 
My secret is out and I'm not the only one who thinks the gym is strictly for full-length selfies.

No comments:

Post a Comment