Monday, August 31, 2015

Since Last Week

Let us just breeze past the fact that I've been absent from the blog for a week, shall we? I don't have any excuse and I'm feeling pretty guilty about it, which is silly, I know, but it's that dang title! Daily Damara. Couldn't I have had the foresight to imagine that some days I just wouldn't feel like it? Rest assured, though, that I am alive, just not recording as much of said life here and I do apologize for that.  
Anyhoo, The Swede and I put a date night on our calendar several weeks ago, booked a hotel room and a babysitter and then, at the last minute, he got sick. I couldn't cancel the room so I decided to take my other favorite dude and let The Swede heal at home, alone. So Jambo and I had a cozy dinner in our old neighborhood and then watched some Disney and ate candy in bed at the hotel. On Saturday, we had a great time checking out a few of the playgrounds in the neighborhood. Thankfully, The Swede was feeling better by Saturday afternoon because I had to leave Jamie with him to go sing in a folk music concert with my choir. I wish I'd taken some pictures or recordings of that, because it was magical. 
Yesterday, Jamie and I took the train into the city to visit a new American food store. My purchases, if you please: Buffalo sauce, Funfetti pancake mix, Lucky Charms, graham crackers, a can of grape soda, Hawaiian Punch Hubba Bubba, Lipton's onion soup mix, Cheetos. The dude also threw in a real New York bagel and a couple of Tootsie Rolls for Jamie, who loved them because I gave him no choice. Is it worth mentioning that I can't remember ever purchasing any of these items for myself when I actually lived in America? Just so you're not totally disgusted by me, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment