Monday, November 9, 2015

Kid-Free And On The Town

This is how I look when I'm having the time of my life on a ferry between two of Stockholm's many islands with my man. Mama and Papa Swede generously took Jambo off of our hands for the whole weekend so we made big plans. First, for dinner on Friday night, we ate soft cheeses and listened to a podcast. Just unpasteurized cheese. Jamie would have hated it; we loved it. Then we went to bed at 8:30; Jamie would have made us stay up till at least 9:00. On Saturday, we went into the city and checked in at a hotel on Skeppsholmen, a tiny island in the middle of Stockholm that's just covered in museums. It was rainy and grey, but Stockholm was gorgeous and, as usual, I couldn't believe I live here. The ferry that docked right outside of our hotel took us to another island, also covered in museums and, incidentally, a theater. We saw a musical called Kristina från Duvemåla, a very timely bit of entertainment about Swedes emigrating to American in the nineteenth century. It was wonderful. We booked the tickets back in January and I have to say, it was definitely worth the wait. We ate a leisurely breakfast at the hotel on Sunday morning and then we were finally reunited with our Jambo, in a great mood after being spoiled at Molsta all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment