Tuesday, November 10, 2015

M S You've Gotta Be Kidding Me

Please excuse the poorly-lit picture, but I had to get proof of this Montana State University sticker that happened to be on a car next to which I parked. I couldn't believe my eyes! I drove out to the medieval church where my choir has its spring concert to listen to another choir perform an All Saints' Day baroque concert, which was magical, by the way. I saw the sticker while I was pulling out of the parking lot afterwords, pulled back into my spot, then waited like a stalker until the owners of the car came out. Because, you see, it's not every day that you see a sticker from the college that is located in a town you grew up in on the other side of the world. Not only did I grow up near the college, but many of my classmates and every person in my family have gone to MSU except me, unless you count that week at cheerleading camp or all of those hours I spent in the dorms flirting with my brother's friends, trying to get my MRS. I was hoping an actual Montanan would come out of the church and welcome me into their lives with a warm, American hug, but got a Swede whose daughter had studied at MSU for a semester and didn't seem to want to be best friends at all instead. Nevertheless, she and I had a nice chat and she was, I have to admit, almost as excited by the coincidence as I was, making me glad that I did that little bit of stalking that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment